This Mother’s Day, Bows For Butterflies is staging a very special benefit concert to say thanks to all Ottawa moms, and to raise money in support of youth and family support programs at The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre.
Supported by Bell Let’s Talk, this year’s Bows for Butterflies Benefit Concert is being held on Sunday afternoon May 8, 2016 at the St. Brigid’s Centre for the Arts in Ottawa. Doors open at 2:00 PM.
Hosted by MAJIC 100‘s Katherine Dines, the varied program includes:
- A Silent Auction with items donated by local merchants and producers
- Youth speaker, Kieran Ménard, who will share his inspirational, real-life story of struggling with mental illness, his progress and his mom’s efforts to help
- A performance by Musicalement Fleet an ensemble of young local musicians
- An Information Fair with mental health information from Bell Let’s Talk, the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre and several other local mental health community gro
- A grand finale with a spectacular concert by Ottawa’s premiere chamber orchestra, Thirteen Strings. *Information Fair and silent auction starts 2:00 PM and the concert begins at 2:30 PM. Adult tickets $25/Students $15 (special rates for groups available). Purchase here in advance (recommended), from BBB volunteers or at the door.
*photo credit: Couvrette Photography